Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Yesterday was my birthday

Yesterday was my birthday… It was a good day, except for the Internet being down most of the day! Some major cable was cut in Kansas, which affected most of the Charter accounts here in central Nebraska. I’ve been quite put out about it, but am trying to remember that there are businesses who are out their internet, too….

We had dinner last night at Texas T-Bone. We had a coupon for a free sirloin steak dinner (and the expiration date was yesterday), so we wanted to use it for my birthday celebration. Many other people had the same thought…the place was crowded and the wait was approximately a half an hour! While we were waiting, an acquaintance from work was there too, so we joined forces with them and got a table for 4 instead of two tables for 2 each. It got us in earlier, too. We had a fun time talking with them, so it turned out to be an enjoyable evening.

After dinner we went to Best Buy to “look” at the Sony Readers. I’d already researched them online and decided I liked the red touch screen one the best. Long story short, we got it. I was able to see how it works a bit, but since the internet was still down we couldn’t try to put any books onto it. It has some pre-loaded books (actually excerpts, but enough to show how the device works) so we could try it out.





So today, now that the internet is back up I learned how to get books onto it. Google has a library of free books, so I’m trying that out first. The library that Sony has is quite extensive so it will take a while to look through that to decide which I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment