Monday, December 21, 2009

California Roadtrip: in Albuquerque tonight

I have "landed" in Albuquerque this evening. I drove through 4 different states today: KS, OK, TX, and now NM. Coming across th Oklahoma and Texas panhandles was uneventful. Both states had lots of flatlands with ranches and farms.

Many ranches had decorations and Christmas greetings by the mailbox near the highway. Some used decorated hay rolls--one place had a giant turkey made from one hay roll. There seems to be a huge prop ane tankerwreck west of here on the Continental Divide that backed up traffic for 10 miles. That's the direction I planned on traveling in the morning. And, they are predicting snow...I"ll see what the morning brings...

Ever wonder where dead cement trucks go? No? Well, I hadn't either; but I drove past a huge field full of cement mixer trucks in various states if disrepair. It was an interesting sight.Other interesting things today: a coyote was dragging a dead deer off the edge of the highway, a farm dog was running along the highway with a pheasant in his mouth, and the clouds this afternoon made a partial rainbow around the sun.

The local news has not said when I-40 will be open, so for now I'll sit tight here....

No comments:

Post a Comment