Friday, January 17, 2014

Catching Up

Since my initial 2014 entry I have not felt like writing--I did a lot in my head as I lay around on the couch, but none of my words were written out.  My energy levels are improving with a diet change and with a lot of rest; it will be interesting to see how often I feel like writing.


My first biopsy (1-6-2014) results returned inconclusive--they said the cells were "Atypical" and they wanted to do another one--this time with a needle instead of the scope down my throat.


The needle biopsy was done yesterday.  It wasn't as bad as I'd envisioned.  In fact, since they didn't put me completely out, I came out of it more energetic than I've been in a long time. 


Brother-in-law Steve (a registered pharmacist) has been advising me on diet and managing my enzyme pills.  So I have a pretty bland diet--no chili, tacos, etc.  I get toast, eggs, baked potato, noodle soup, baked chicken, etc.  The enzyme pills have to be taken before any food; they help my stomach digest and process anything I eat that have fats or protein in it. 


I have been gaining weight since starting on the enzyme pills two weeks ago.  The hospital scales showed 107.8 pounds yesterday morning.  A week & a half ago it was 103.5. 







No comments:

Post a Comment